PracaGrupypl.praca.dyskusjeKto lubi (kocha)swojego szefa › Re: Kto lubi (kocha)swojego szefa
  • Data: 2008-01-24 20:33:51
    Temat: Re: Kto lubi (kocha)swojego szefa
    Od: "entroper" <e...@C...spamerom.poczta.onet.pl> szukaj wiadomości tego autora

    other than spiritual; and if any one maintain that we are simply corporeal,
    this would far more exclude us from the knowledge of things, there being
    nothing so inconceivable as to say that matter knows itself. It is
    impossible to imagine how it should know itself.

    So, if we are simply material, we can know nothing at all; and if we are
    composed of mind and matter, we cannot know perfectly things which are
    simple, whether spiritual or corporeal. Hence it comes that almost all
    philosophers have confused ideas of things, and speak of material things in
    spiritual terms, and of spiritual things in material terms. For they say
    boldly that bodies have a tendency to fall, that they seek after their
    centre, that they fly from destruction, that they fear the void, that they
    have inclinations, sympathies, antipathies, all of which attributes pertain
    only to mind. And in speaking of minds, they consider them as in a place,
    and attribute to them movement from one place to another; and these are
    qualities which belong only to bodies.

    Instead of receiving the ideas of these things in their purity, we colour
    them with our own qualities, and stamp with our composite being all the
    simpl