PracaGrupypl.praca.dyskusjeWypowiedzenie umowy za porozumieniem stron › Re: Wypowiedzenie umowy za porozumieniem stron
  • Data: 2008-01-24 22:47:22
    Temat: Re: Wypowiedzenie umowy za porozumieniem stron
    Od: Herakles <h...@b...pl> szukaj wiadomości tego autora

    of God.

    Thus not only the zeal of those who seek Him proves God, but also the
    blindness of those who seek Him not.

    201. All the objections of this one and that one only go against themselves,
    and not against religion. All that infidels say ...

    202. From those who are in despair at being without faith, we see that God
    does not enlighten them; but as to the rest, we see there is a God who makes
    them blind.

    203. Fascinatio nugacitatis.[26] --That passion may not harm us, let us act
    as if we had only eight hours to live.

    204. If we ought to devote eight hours of life, we ought to devote a hundred
    years.

    205. When I consider the short duration of my life, swallowed up in the
    eternity before and after, the little space which I fill and even can see,
    engulfed in the infinite immensity of spaces of which I am ignorant and
    which know me not, I am frightened and am astonished at being here rather
    than there; for there is no reason why here rather than there, why now
    rather than then. Who has put me here? By whose order and direction have
    this place and time been allotted to me? Memoria hospitis unius diei
    praetereuntis.[27]

    206. The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me.

    207. How many kingdoms know us not!

    208. Why is my knowledge limited? Why my stature? Why my life to one hundred
    years rather than to a thousand? What reason has nature had for giving me
    such, and for choosing this number rather than another in the infinity of
    those from which there is no more reason to choose one than another, trying
    nothing else?

    209. Art thou less a slave by being loved and favoured by thy master? Thou
    art indeed well off, slave. Thy master favours thee; he will soon beat thee.

    210. The last act is tragic, however happy all the rest of the play is; at
    the last a little earth is thrown upon our head, and that is the end for
    ever.

    211. We are fools to depend upon the society of our fellow-men. Wretched as
    we are, powerless as we are, they